The following post is from Superintendent Gormley and originally appeared in her February 14th E-blast:
Save the Date! On Monday, March 24th at 7pm, the Milton Public Schools will be hosting an Internet Safety Night presentation in the Charles C. Winchester Auditorium at Milton High School.
The speaker will be Katie LeClerc Greer, an expert who has provided Internet/technology safety training to schools, law enforcement agencies, national conferences, and community organizations throughout the country.
This evening event is for parents and guardians only and we encourage every parent in our district to attend. We have heard that this could be one of the most informative 90 minute presentations you may attend this year.
Ms. Greer will be speaking to both middle and high school students during assemblies earlier in the day on March 24th, so her evening presentation will be tailored towards parents and guardians. Please do not bring anyone under 18 to this event.
Ms. Greer’s unique educational and professional background has resulted in dynamic programs that appeal to all age groups:
- Former Intelligence Analyst, Massachusetts State Police
- Former Director of Internet Safety, Massachusetts Attorney Generals’ Office
- Advisory Board Member, Internet Keep Safe Coalition
- Recognized, national expert in Internet/digital safety and technology, advising various governmental and private agencies
- Featured on CNN, Huffington Post, Vanity Fair, and USA Today
- Presented to thousands of students, parents, educators and administrators across the country
Ms. Greer recently spoke to a group at Wellesley Middle School and their assistant principal, Kathy Gordon, said, “This speaker commanded the audience’s full attention. The kids could relate to her, since her background is relative, and very compelling.” Ms. Gordon said this was one of the presentations that she has seen.
This program has been strongly recommended to me by MPS parent and Wellesley Public School teacher JJ Kelleher, who called it one of the most compelling events of the year. Please make every effort to attend this important presentation on March 24th.